Skip to main content

Describe a foreigner who speaks your native language (hindi) very well

 

  1. Describe a foreigner who speaks your native language (Hindi) very well
    You should say:
  • Who this person is
  • Where he/she is from
  • How he/she learns Hindi
  • And explain why he can speak Hindi well

Model Answer:

Languages play an imperative role since it is the best way to stay globally connected with each other. I am a multilingual person and here, I would like to talk about a person who speaks our local language very well.

  • I don’t know many foreigners as I live in a small village and I have never visited another
    country.
  • However, recently I came to know about a foreigner on the internet.
  • Nowadays, many people post their travel videos on YouTube.
  • I also love travelling, so I watch these channels sometimes.
  • One of these channels is of a foreigner, Chris Steven.
  • His channel grabbed my attention, as he converses in fluent Hindi.
  • He is an American and was born and brought up in America.
  • However, the way he speaks Hindi, it seems like he was raised in India.
  • He visits India often because he is very interested in Indian culture.
  • As I watched his channel more and more, I came to know how he developed an interest in
    Indian culture and Hindi.
  • One of his neighbours during his childhood years was Indian and he introduced Chris to
    Bollywood movies.
  • That’s how it all started for him.
  • Initially, his neighbour used to translate and help him understand the movies.
  • However, slowly he started watching these movies on his own.
  • He picked up a little bit of Hindi by watching these movies
  • His love for Bollywood also made him more curious about Indian culture.
  • Eventually, he learnt Hindi, by taking it as an optional course during College.
  • And his visits to India, polished his Hindi even more.
  • I know many of us Indians love to learn about Western culture.
  • So, its always nice to see a foreigner wanting to learn about Indian culture for a change.

IELTS Speaking Test Part 3 Follow-Up Questions

  1. What foreign languages do Indian children learn?
  1. Indian children have many options nowadays. The most common is certainly English. Besides
    English, children also learn foreign languages like German, French, Urdu and Spanish.

  2. Why do Indian children learn English?

  3. There are many reasons. Firstly, it provides more opportunities than any other language regarding
    foreign education and job opportunities. Also, it is easier to find English teachers than German, French or Spanish teachers. Finally and most importantly, it is the main medium of
    teaching in colleges and universities so it is a compulsion to learn English.

  4. Why are so many people learning English?

  5. For most people, it is about job opportunities. Today, there are many multinational
    companies in India and learning English is a must to get jobs in these companies.

  6. How can you help children learn English?

  7. I don’t know. I don’t think my English is good enough to help others. As you can see, I still make
    some mistakes. However, I can recommend some books like Wren & Martin and YouTube channels,
    which can help one to become better in English.

  8. Do you think the way people learn English today is the same as in the past?

  9. I think some of the ways are the same. I learnt English as a child in my school and many children still learn it at school. However, today there are also more opportunities. For example, there are
    YouTube Channels which were not available in the past. Moreover, today, there are many
    streaming sites, which offer an opportunity to learn English while enjoying TV shows and movies.

  10. What are the benefits of the Internet for people’s learning?

  11. I think it provides more learning opportunities. Earlier, people were dependent upon teachers
    for learning. Now, they can learn on their own as well. Moreover, a lot of content on the internet is
    free. So, the internet has made language learning a lot more affordable.

Comments

  1. So beautiful so elegant you look like a wao

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Part - 3 - All Cue Cards

Part 3 belongs to all new cue cards from September to December 2022. We have written the answers on our own except for one topic. Hence, we hold the copyright status of the answers written by us. 1.  Describe an object you find particularly beautiful (For example, a painting, sculpture, piece of jewellery/furniture, etc.). 1. Do   you   think   there   are   more   beautiful   things   now   than  in  the   past? In my opinion, traditional art and sculptures are much more captivating. I think in the past, it was easier for artists to find shoppers in the form of kings and nobles and they could focus on their art without any financial worries. However, today it is much harder to earn money as an artist. The art being made today also reflects that – it is done more as a hobby rather than as a profession and the works produced are far behind those of the past. Moreover, nowadays artists rely on machine work instead of handmade items.  2.   Do you think there are many scenic spots in India

Speaking Part 1 - January to April 2023

  Fast Food and Break Fast What do you have for breakfast? I prefer to have my favourite food items during the first meal of the day. Usually, I like wheat bread with freshly cooked vegetables like Okra, Turnip, beans and cauliflower. Along with this, I love to take a cup of tea. However, during weekends, my mother cooks stuffed bread for me, and amongst all these bread types, my favourite one is potato-filled bread with curd and homemade butter.  Do you eat fast food? Yes, I do, but once a fortnight, I prefer to have it. It is owing to the bad cholesterols present in junk food materials. In this category, I find cheese burst pizza, garlic bread and white sauce Italian pasta mouth-watering.  What are the different kinds of fast food in your country? Name them. India has an ocean of fast food materials. For instance, Chinese, Italian and American fast materials are the most popular ones in India. Moreover, we have traditional fast foods as well.  The first one is a savoury stuffed pastr

New Speaking - September to December 2022

New Speaking Questions - Part 1 or 3 The answers are purely based on novel ideas and belong to BAWA IELTS Ferozepur. We also observe the copyright status of answers given here.  Name  Is it easy for you to remember people’s names?  Yes, I always find it easy to remember the names of people since I have an elephant's memory. Moreover, I can easily memorise the mobile number of people.  However, I find it difficult when I have to recall the names of those who are from another culture, especially East and South Indian, owing to their uniqueness.   Do you do anything to help you remember people’s names?  Not all the time, I think it is necessary to use anything in remembering people’s names. More specifically, if the people are from my province Punjab, then I can remember easily because of similarity; however, if the people are from another culture, then I prefer to write their names on my pocket diary to remember them.  How do you feel when people can't remember your name?  I don’