Skip to main content

Describe a time when someone asked for your opinion.

 

Describe a time when someone asked for your opinion.


You should say:


Who asked for your opinion?

Why did he/she want to know your opinion?

What opinion did you give?

And explain how you felt when he/she asked for your opinion.


This task's solution belongs to BAWA IELTS Ferozepur considering the plagiarism policy. We hold copyrights of this material.



Opinions play a vital role in everyone's life since this is the best way to stay informed and updated. I have taken a number of opinions so far; however, here I would explain a scenario when I gave my opinion.


Who asked for your opinion?


My relative named Mr XYX asked for my opinion when he came to my home a month ago. He asked for an opinion based on the concept of a gap year for his son who has recently passed senior secondary with flying colours. 


Why did he want to know your opinion?


It is owing to a few reasons


  1. Firstly, he knows that I have a good command of such ideas and by getting my opinion, he may take a wise decision since he knows age does not matter with anyone's opinion. 


  1. Secondly, my uncle knows that I published my survey work during school time in a reputed journal house. Hence, this was another reason to get information about a gap year for his son. 


What opinion did you give?


I gave them proper advice on this topic based on the maturity level of his ward. I told my uncle taking a gap year would be beneficial if his son does not have a proper and clear goal in life since by taking a gap year, he will be inculcated with novel ideas and get exposure to new people and culture. This would be fruitful to attain a maturity level that will help in future decisions. 


However, when I interacted with his ward, I came to know that he has a good idea of foreign languages like English and French and therefore, I advised my uncle not to give him a gap year since along with the regular studies he would be able to get handsome salaries by teaching this language to modern learners.  


And explain how you felt when he asked for your opinion.


I felt delighted and motivated when he asked for my opinion since we know that it is one of the best ways to regard someone. People generally asked for opinions when they know that another person has good and unbiased views. Above all, when they followed my guidance, I felt immensely happy. 


Part - 3 - This material belongs to the Internet.


1. Why do some people dislike giving their opinions?



There are many reasons why some people do not like to share their perspectives/ideas about things. Sometimes they lack the confidence or the ability to explain their opinion in detail. They feel that they will be embarrassed if someone would counter their opinion and might not be able to defend their opinion. Another reason could be that some people are just shy and like to keep things close to themselves.


2. Are there any apps designed for collecting opinions about products or services?


I am not aware of any app that only collects opinions about products but almost all shopping apps have an option for the users to comment about the products they have purchased from their website. For example, many people write reviews on the Amazon shopping app and give ratings for the products available there.


3. Why do people like to express their opinions on the Internet nowadays?


The primary reason is that people want their voices to be heard and Internet provides them with a platform where they can express their views about anything and everything while being anonymous. The Internet also provides them with a sense of freedom to express their mind without having to worry about what others will think. Also, one can easily choose to engage or disengage in a conversation at their convenience.


4. What are the disadvantages of sharing opinions on the Internet?


I think there are many disadvantages to this trend. Firstly, a lot of times people hurt each other’s sentiments by writing abusive content online. It is often seen in many chat forums that people are hurling abuses at each other over minor disagreements. Secondly, I think that online discussions are mostly not productive and waste people’s useful time.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part - 3 - All Cue Cards

Part 3 belongs to all new cue cards from September to December 2022. We have written the answers on our own except for one topic. Hence, we hold the copyright status of the answers written by us. 1.  Describe an object you find particularly beautiful (For example, a painting, sculpture, piece of jewellery/furniture, etc.). 1. Do   you   think   there   are   more   beautiful   things   now   than  in  the   past? In my opinion, traditional art and sculptures are much more captivating. I think in the past, it was easier for artists to find shoppers in the form of kings and nobles and they could focus on their art without any financial worries. However, today it is much harder to earn money as an artist. The art being made today also reflects that – it is done more as a hobby rather than as a profession and the works produced are far behind those of the past. Moreover, nowadays artists rely on machine work instead of handmade items.  2.   Do you think there are many scenic spots in India

Speaking Part 1 - January to April 2023

  Fast Food and Break Fast What do you have for breakfast? I prefer to have my favourite food items during the first meal of the day. Usually, I like wheat bread with freshly cooked vegetables like Okra, Turnip, beans and cauliflower. Along with this, I love to take a cup of tea. However, during weekends, my mother cooks stuffed bread for me, and amongst all these bread types, my favourite one is potato-filled bread with curd and homemade butter.  Do you eat fast food? Yes, I do, but once a fortnight, I prefer to have it. It is owing to the bad cholesterols present in junk food materials. In this category, I find cheese burst pizza, garlic bread and white sauce Italian pasta mouth-watering.  What are the different kinds of fast food in your country? Name them. India has an ocean of fast food materials. For instance, Chinese, Italian and American fast materials are the most popular ones in India. Moreover, we have traditional fast foods as well.  The first one is a savoury stuffed pastr

New Speaking - September to December 2022

New Speaking Questions - Part 1 or 3 The answers are purely based on novel ideas and belong to BAWA IELTS Ferozepur. We also observe the copyright status of answers given here.  Name  Is it easy for you to remember people’s names?  Yes, I always find it easy to remember the names of people since I have an elephant's memory. Moreover, I can easily memorise the mobile number of people.  However, I find it difficult when I have to recall the names of those who are from another culture, especially East and South Indian, owing to their uniqueness.   Do you do anything to help you remember people’s names?  Not all the time, I think it is necessary to use anything in remembering people’s names. More specifically, if the people are from my province Punjab, then I can remember easily because of similarity; however, if the people are from another culture, then I prefer to write their names on my pocket diary to remember them.  How do you feel when people can't remember your name?  I don’