Skip to main content

Describe an electrical plant where electricity is produced in your hometown?

Describe an electrical plant where electricity is produced in your hometown? 

0r

Talk about a thermal power plant you visited.

Where it is located? 

When did you visit here? 

Why did you Visit here? 

Explain and share your experience? 

BAWA IELTS Ferozepur has written this task using its own language. We have considered plagiarism policy. It is fully checked using the iThenticate check mechanism. We have not violated the intellectual property rights of any website. 

Electrical power plants are like the heart and soul of the general public since they provide us electricity without which we cannot (can’t) think of our survival. I have visited a thermal power plant a few months ago that I will now discuss in this cue card. 


Q1. Where it is Located? 


This power plant is none other than Guru Gobind Singh Super Thermal Power Plant located at Ghanauli Village near Ropar district in Punjab.  

This power plant is one of the coal-based power plants of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited also called PSPCL. 


Q2. When You Visited Here? 

I visited this superpower plant in January this year since my maternal uncle is working there as an Engineer.  

Moreover, I exactly remember I visited Ghanauli village to pay my obeisance at a historical shrine located near this power plant owing to which I visited this power plant too. 


Q3. Why do you visit this place? 


As I mentioned earlier, I visited the Ropar district to pay homage to a historical shrine and therefore, when my maternal uncle came to know that I am at that place then he invited me to meet him along with a visit to this electrical plant. 


Q4. Explain and Share Your Experience? 


I accumulated a remarkable experience by visiting this power plant, 


First of all, I was stunned at the fact that this plant has an installed capacity of 1260MW. Furthermore, that power plant has a total of six electricity-producing units and it was commissioned in September 1984. 

Secondly, I was inculcated with immense knowledge about the functioning of the coal-based power plant along with an imperative concept of how water from a nearby river named Sirsa River also known as the Nangal Hydel Canal is being used to cool down turbines working on coal. 

Thirdly, one thing more that I would like to share is that the particular station had received the incentive award for reducing fuel oil consumption in 1999. 

Last but not the least, I shared one more unique experience with my friends too when I came to know that this plant is getting coal from mines located in Bihar, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh and in contemporary days, this super thermal power plant has four working units instead of six to restrict air pollution. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part - 3 - All Cue Cards

Part 3 belongs to all new cue cards from September to December 2022. We have written the answers on our own except for one topic. Hence, we hold the copyright status of the answers written by us. 1.  Describe an object you find particularly beautiful (For example, a painting, sculpture, piece of jewellery/furniture, etc.). 1. Do   you   think   there   are   more   beautiful   things   now   than  in  the   past? In my opinion, traditional art and sculptures are much more captivating. I think in the past, it was easier for artists to find shoppers in the form of kings and nobles and they could focus on their art without any financial worries. However, today it is much harder to earn money as an artist. The art being made today also reflects that – it is done more as a hobby rather than as a profession and the works produced are far behind those of the past. Moreover, nowadays artists rely on machine work instead of handmade items.  2.   Do you think there are many scenic spots in India

Speaking Part 1 - January to April 2023

  Fast Food and Break Fast What do you have for breakfast? I prefer to have my favourite food items during the first meal of the day. Usually, I like wheat bread with freshly cooked vegetables like Okra, Turnip, beans and cauliflower. Along with this, I love to take a cup of tea. However, during weekends, my mother cooks stuffed bread for me, and amongst all these bread types, my favourite one is potato-filled bread with curd and homemade butter.  Do you eat fast food? Yes, I do, but once a fortnight, I prefer to have it. It is owing to the bad cholesterols present in junk food materials. In this category, I find cheese burst pizza, garlic bread and white sauce Italian pasta mouth-watering.  What are the different kinds of fast food in your country? Name them. India has an ocean of fast food materials. For instance, Chinese, Italian and American fast materials are the most popular ones in India. Moreover, we have traditional fast foods as well.  The first one is a savoury stuffed pastr

New Speaking - September to December 2022

New Speaking Questions - Part 1 or 3 The answers are purely based on novel ideas and belong to BAWA IELTS Ferozepur. We also observe the copyright status of answers given here.  Name  Is it easy for you to remember people’s names?  Yes, I always find it easy to remember the names of people since I have an elephant's memory. Moreover, I can easily memorise the mobile number of people.  However, I find it difficult when I have to recall the names of those who are from another culture, especially East and South Indian, owing to their uniqueness.   Do you do anything to help you remember people’s names?  Not all the time, I think it is necessary to use anything in remembering people’s names. More specifically, if the people are from my province Punjab, then I can remember easily because of similarity; however, if the people are from another culture, then I prefer to write their names on my pocket diary to remember them.  How do you feel when people can't remember your name?  I don’