Skip to main content

Cue Card: Market

 

Describe a time when you visited a street/Flea/Local/Favourite/Small market 

When it was? 

Where you were? 

What did you buy there? 

How do you feel about that item and place? 

 

Written and Published By:- BAWA IELTS FEOZEPUR.


BAWA IELTS has copyrights of this information as this information is novel.


Street or flea markets are the places where one can go and buy items of own choice at affordable prices. Several times, I have been to local markets and now going to talk about my favorite one. 


When it was? 


I visited that particular market recently. I visited it in January since I was there during the wedding ceremony of my friend. I decided to visit that market to get some spare time from that ceremony. 


Where you were? 


I was putting up at the state’s capital Chandigarh which is also called City Beautiful. And, the name of that street market is Shastri Market located in Sector-22. 


What did you buy? 


That was the first time for me when I made a visit to that market and that place was like an alien to me. At that time, I was there along with my two more friends and they were from Chandigarh hence they suggested to me what I could buy from that place. 


Hence, according to their advice, I bought a Chandelier for the lounge area of my home since it was my long-cherished desire to install a chandelier in that particular area.  


How do you feel about that item and place? 


  • I felt delighted when I bought that item since it was a luxury item that was available at an affordable rate.  
  • Moreover, it was equipped with 16M Colours that can be switched from one colour to another with a single click and can be operated from a cell phone via Wi-Fi. 
  • Furthermore, I was on cloud 9 (very happy) when I came to know that this chandelier also had a speaker so that one could play songs. 
  • Apart from this, my overall experience in that market was full of amazing moments since I bought some other things too such as books and clothes at throw-away prices.  
  • Finally, street markets of that type are like a boon for the common person so that one can buy anything easily at pocket-friendly rates.

Discussion .. Part - 3

1. Do you like shopping online or going out shopping?


I love to visit markets and shopping malls for shopping since it is the best way to attain rejuvenation. Moreover, while shopping, I love to have coffee with my friends or family members to stay away from any type of tiredness. Furthermore, this shopping type is the finest way of checking the quality of product, and size. 


2. What is the difference between shopping with friends and shopping alone?


I believe shopping with friends is the best way to spend a healthy time as compared to shopping alone. This is because while going out with friends we can ask for any type of advice. For instance, friends can advise about the type of colour to wear. On the contrary, while going alone, a person may feel monotony. 


3. What are the disadvantages of shopping in a big mall?


In malls, prices of items are fixed and therefore, no bargaining is there as in local markets. Moreover, most shopping malls target elite classes owing to brands' availability, and hence, these places are unsuitable for the middle or average classes. In addition, shopping malls are gulping local markets with each passing day as they are providing offers and cashback to people.   


4. Why do people like to buy branded products?


This may be owing to a set of reasons;


  1. First of all, the quality and authenticity of branded items. In brief, it has been a proven fact that branded jeans and shirts last longer since they use ultra-fine quality thread. For instance, Levis and Lee are jeans-making companies that have been providing quality to people for 2 centuries. 
  2. Secondly, branded items withstand harsh and rigid conditions. To exemplify, branded socks can easily absorb excessive sweating during scorching hot weather days, and hence, are beneficial for customers.

Question 5:- In your opinion, are significant discounts real or just advertisements?


I think around 90% of advertisements are authenticated since we witness a cut-throat competitive world these days, and companies offer their materials at discounted rates. For instance, recently, I bought a jacket for my brother and it belongs to GANT company which was around 20,000 Indian rupees before discount and I bought it at around 12,000. 

Question 6:- What are the differences between shopping in street markets and big shopping malls?

There are several differences:

1. Firstly, we can bargain with a shopkeeper in the local market; however. big malls have fixed rates.
2. Secondly, street markets allow the availability of things at affordable rates but big malls only provide materials at the highest prices. 
3. Shopping malls have their dedicated parking area which is the biggest advantage of them. 


Question 7 What kind of markets are there in India?


We have basically two major markets: Wholesale and Retail. From wholesale markets, we can buy any material in bulk. For instance, Shastri Market Chandigarh and Akal Market Ludhiana are the best examples of wholesale markets from where small shopkeepers love to buy items.
Retail markets are those which are for local people to buy their necessary items. Moreover, we have a stock market as well.

Question 8:-Do you think small markets will disappear in the future?

Question 9 Have people’s shopping habits changed in recent years?




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Part - 3 - All Cue Cards

Part 3 belongs to all new cue cards from September to December 2022. We have written the answers on our own except for one topic. Hence, we hold the copyright status of the answers written by us. 1.  Describe an object you find particularly beautiful (For example, a painting, sculpture, piece of jewellery/furniture, etc.). 1. Do   you   think   there   are   more   beautiful   things   now   than  in  the   past? In my opinion, traditional art and sculptures are much more captivating. I think in the past, it was easier for artists to find shoppers in the form of kings and nobles and they could focus on their art without any financial worries. However, today it is much harder to earn money as an artist. The art being made today also reflects that – it is done more as a hobby rather than as a profession and the works produced are far behind those of the past. Moreover, nowadays artists rely on machine work instead of handmade items.  2.   Do you think there are many scenic spots in India

Speaking Part 1 - January to April 2023

  Fast Food and Break Fast What do you have for breakfast? I prefer to have my favourite food items during the first meal of the day. Usually, I like wheat bread with freshly cooked vegetables like Okra, Turnip, beans and cauliflower. Along with this, I love to take a cup of tea. However, during weekends, my mother cooks stuffed bread for me, and amongst all these bread types, my favourite one is potato-filled bread with curd and homemade butter.  Do you eat fast food? Yes, I do, but once a fortnight, I prefer to have it. It is owing to the bad cholesterols present in junk food materials. In this category, I find cheese burst pizza, garlic bread and white sauce Italian pasta mouth-watering.  What are the different kinds of fast food in your country? Name them. India has an ocean of fast food materials. For instance, Chinese, Italian and American fast materials are the most popular ones in India. Moreover, we have traditional fast foods as well.  The first one is a savoury stuffed pastr

New Speaking - September to December 2022

New Speaking Questions - Part 1 or 3 The answers are purely based on novel ideas and belong to BAWA IELTS Ferozepur. We also observe the copyright status of answers given here.  Name  Is it easy for you to remember people’s names?  Yes, I always find it easy to remember the names of people since I have an elephant's memory. Moreover, I can easily memorise the mobile number of people.  However, I find it difficult when I have to recall the names of those who are from another culture, especially East and South Indian, owing to their uniqueness.   Do you do anything to help you remember people’s names?  Not all the time, I think it is necessary to use anything in remembering people’s names. More specifically, if the people are from my province Punjab, then I can remember easily because of similarity; however, if the people are from another culture, then I prefer to write their names on my pocket diary to remember them.  How do you feel when people can't remember your name?  I don’